Activision today revealed a ton of information about what to expect from “Season 1” from Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and War Zone 2.0 when it starts next week, it launches for both games on Nov. 16 at 10 a.m. PT.
Let’s start with Modern Warfare 2. Season 1 includes the re-introduction of Modern Warfare’s Shoot House and Shipment maps (2019), a new Special Ops mission and the first episode of Raids, four new weapons and six new operators, the limited-time addition of several football (soccer) stars, and various other new features.
- Shoot House, redesigned return shipping kit. Get ready to complete those camo challenges or just embrace the frenetic chaos that these action-packed cards offer.
- Open the CDL Moshpit. Prior to the introduction of Modern Warfare II Ranked mode in a future season, practice on the official maps and ruleset with your team.
- New Special Ops mission, Raid episode 1 in the season. Grab your Duo and attack the enemy on land and in the air before preparing to continue the Modern Warfare II story in a daunting Raid experience.
As for Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0, the free-to-play experience will feature a slew of new features that were largely covered at the Call of Duty: Next event a few months ago, including a brand new extraction mode called DMZ, the new 2v2 Gulag environment and of course the new Warzone 2.0 map in Al Mazrah.
Interestingly, the current Call of Duty: Warzone won’t be shutting down on November 16, but will instead temporarily go offline before returning as “Call of Duty: Warzone Caldera”, giving access to a “default battle royale playlist”.
Anyway, back to Call of Duty Warzone 2.0 – here’s a summary of some of its key features:
- Al Mazrah, Home of war zone 2.0: Use 18 key points of interest to plot your victory in Battle Royale or explore them on your way to extraction in the brand new DMZ experience.
- Ready for the new era: Making tons of gameplay innovations and new features war zone 2.0 an incredible experience built on community learnings since Duty®: Next one.
- A Shift In Perspective: Third-Party Playlists Are Coming In Season war zone 2.0: Inside for the first time war zone history, we welcome fans of third-person battle royale action during Season 01.
If you’re specifically interested in learning more about Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0, Activision advised that “an entire blog” will be devoted to delving deeper into its features before the game launches next week.